Old Karachi Pictures November 28, 2007Posted by Farzana Naina in Karachi, Pakistan.
Tags: Karachi, Karachi Pictures, Old Karachi, Pakistan, Photography
Inaugurated as Sind Arts College by Lord Reay, Governor of Bombay on 17th January, 1887 and renamed D.J. Science College (upon completion of the present structure), on 15th October, 1882. Located in the heart of old Karachi, the foundation stone for this college was laid on 19th November, 1887 by Lord Dufferin, Viceroy of India. The college is named after Diwan Dayaram Jethmal its main benefactor. The cost of construction is reported to have been Rs.186,514 out of which the Government contributed Rs. 97,193, the balance being raised through public donations.
Picture Taken By: Raja Islam
The century old heritage building of Radio Pakistan located on the main artery of the mega-metropolis, M. A. Jinnah Road went on blazing, as the studio over there had suddenly caught fire on Sunday morning “October 28th 2007″.